Tuesday 24 April 2012

This my final design for my contents page. I had chosen this design because it links in very well with my front cover and double page spread. I had chosen the colour beige because my front cover background has been photoshopped into a dark beige looking colour and I thought there should be a link between the two. The fonts that I have used are also the same including font size and how the layout is based. Looking at my front cover and comparing it with this, you can tell that they are part of the same magazine as they both have the same fonts and similar stories. Also, the stories are seperated by a line which clearly states that a new story is starting.

I had used polaroids at the top of the page to give off a more personal feel towards to magazine and also a indie twist to this magazine as it is not all just hip hop. In the magazine I have also included many puns such as 'Ghost 26 New Album: SMOKING HOT' and it shows a picture of him breathing out smoke. 'Shyne Saves His STARDOM' because his name is Shyne and it represents 'Shine' and 'Stardom' is some sort of bright light relation.

The four colours that I have used green, burgundy, white and black. I had chosen these colours because my model was wearing these colours at the time and I wanted a relation to it, so I kept it flowing throughout my front cover and contents page.

On the bottom right a Facebook and Twitter logo is featured which informs readers that they can like them on Facebook or Follow them on twitter for news updates, competitions and such.

'Know your Swagger, up your game' I had added this near the end because the spot felt empty and it needed something. I had taken this from my front cover and linked it in because from getting feedback, I have been informed that my audience likes the word swagger and the way I had used an italic 'S' to start it off shows off some sort of class and superiority.

No comments:

Post a Comment