Saturday 10 March 2012

Photoshop

Photoshop was the main key to my completion of my music magazine. The majority of things that I had created had been done on Photoshop CS 3 and CS 5. Before I had started this, I already knew some basic knowledge about Photoshop and how to use it as I previously studied art and had learnt about it.

I have picked up new things such as how to blur out certain parts of an image. For example in my double page spread, behind the writing, the picture is blurred.

I have learnt how to manipulate an image and remove certain errors in the pictures for example:


With this, I had copied another part of his trouser and pasted it on top of the mark so that it would be covered and looking fresh.

I also learnt how to manipulate the curves, levels and colour balance of images like this:


A reason in which I wanted to edit my picture and not just keep the original is because I had done some market research and had realised that many young adults/ teenagers like manipulating their pictures into a grainy, vintage look. An iPhone app that I have been using and looking at is called 'Instagram' which allows you to take a picture then put a filter on it for a vintage look.



Then learning to cut out an original image and pasting it out onto another one like this:

After editing this on photoshop, I had decided that the model had been manipulated too much. So I had decided to cut out my model from the original picture with the aid of photoshop and the selection tool. Once I had done this, I just made an extra layer on top of the edited picture and placed it in line with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment